Monday, May 23, 2005

Larisa's not available

Just found out in an email from Kostya. It looks like Larisa's mother is going forward in her plans to win back rights to her daughter. Larisa wants this to happen. The courts are certain to pave the way.

Right now all I'm feeling is shock. We knew this was a possiblity. I still never really believed this would happen. I always felt it would work out...and it will. Just not the way I expected it to.

I just pray things work out for Larisa. Maybe our efforts spurred her mother into action. Nothing makes us want something (or someone) more than the possibility of losing it. If that was God's purpose here than so be it. I may wonder but I may never know in this lifetime.

So where do we go from here? I don't know. Colleen and I are going to think about for 24 hours. And pray. Right now I simply feel like I've lost a daughter.

Part of me wants to shut down, crawl in a hole and forget the whole thing.

On the other hand I know there are so many children there deserving a chance.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home